Wednesday, March 28, 2007

CV Joint's-a-knackered

So that's the third one for the pug then!... It's been knocking for a good 6 months or so, but it's starting to worry me!  I do do a fair few miles.  I drive 10 miles to work and 10miles back everyday, so that's 100 a week on commuting.  On top of that, is going out, shopping, driving about etc, not forgetting the 300mile round-trip to Suffolk each month!

The more miles I put on the car, the sooner the CV joint will crack so I needed to get it done sooner rather than later!

There's no real point in this post by the way.  It's just here so I've got a record of when it was done.  Thank god for Search :). By the looks of it, i had one done in December 05 and one in April 06... Surely they should last longer than that?

+ Outcome (29 mar 07)

Well i got the car back last night.  He said it wasn't actually the CV Joint that was knocking.  He said it's something to do with the wishbone.  But he also mentioned the rear wheel-bearing was knackered so I got that done.  He also mentioned that the CV Gaiter was split (which i knew about),  So he put a new CV Gaiter on the car too!  Total was £155

No comments: