Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What a fortnight of highs & lows

The last 2 or 3 weeks have been so full of highs and lows, it's unbelievable.  To start,

14th June (up)

My friend Jimmy & his wife (Alex) had their blessing on the 14th June.

15th June (down)

Helena & I went round to Jimmy & Alex's place to see him.  That was incredibly emotional. I hadn't seen Jimmy in ages and nothing could have prepared me for what I saw.  Cancer really is a horrendous disease.  It still couldn't beat his fantastic sense of humour though!

16th June (up)

Helena & I jetted off on our first holiday abroad.  We boarded our plane at Gatwick, and flew to Palma airport, Majorca.  We hired a car, and drove right across the Island to C'an Picafort, where we stayed for a week.  It was nice, very hot!  Nice beach, and nice people, especially at the No.1 Bar! on Avda Josep Trias!!

17th June (down)

Jimmy sadly passed away - RIP pal, you'll never be forgotten x

22nd June (up)

At around 8pm in the evening, whilst laying on a sun-lounger on the beach in Majorca, resting in the cool breeze, I got onto one knee, and asked my beautiful girlfriend if she'd give me the honour of being my wife... She said YES!  Helena has made me such a happy man over the last 4 and a half years, and things are only going to get better! Thank you angel!  Here's to the rest of our lives :)

23rd June (down)

Had to fly home from Majorca.  Had 7 beautiful days of sunshine.  Got back to Gatwick. It was cold, it was raining and it was dark :(

24th June (up & down)

(up) Went ring shopping with Helena, and found a nice platinum ring with a diamond on top! Will add pictures soon!

(down) Got home, fancied a game of Worms on the 360 and got the Red Ring of Death! (RROD) So unfortunately, the 360 has gone BACK to Microsoft for a second time. Not happy!

25th June (down)

back to work. need I say more?

27th June (down)

Today was Jimmy's funeral. A very sad day :(

30th June (up)

Today was my cousins wedding.  Congratulations to Stephen & Amie who had a wonderful wedding.  Shame about the weather. It's meant to be the summer, and it spent the whole day raining!  Luckily there was a marquee to keep everyone dry :)

So that's a recap of the last 2 weeks!  I feel mentally exhausted, and to top it off, I've had a cold for the last couple of days and that's really not made things better!

No comments: